The fourth tool of psychological test is the Pointer Story Writing. In ISSB Pointer Story Writing, an incomplete story of 2 lines will be given to you for a limited period of time and you have to solve the story. This test is also conducted to analyze the psychological traits of a candidate.
Number of ISSB Pointer Story Writing
A total of two pointer stories will be presented to you. These two pointer stories will consist of incomplete sentences containing maximum two lines.
The time allotted to a one pointer story is 30 seconds. For 30 seconds a pointer story will be displayed on the multimedia and 30 seconds will be provided to you to think about a story. Just like picture story writing, 3.5 minutes will be given to you to write down a story. Same process will repeat for the other pointer story.
ISSB Pointer Story Writing Tips
Some of the helpful tips to attempt ISSB Pointer Story Writing are as follows:
- Read the given incomplete story carefully.
- In the 30 seconds, think of an idea or story to complete the incomplete story given to you.
- Your story must be relatable to the incomplete set of sentence.
- Start your story from the last word of the given pointer story.
- There must be continuity between the two things (that is the incomplete story and your written complete story).
- Do not copy anyone’s ideas.
- Think two different themes for the two pointer stories for greater chances of recommendations.
- Try to give a new concept which you have not written in the previous Picture Story Writing test.
- Manage your time wisely.
- Practice Pointer Story Writing before going for ISSB.
ISSB Pointer Story Writing Samples
Some of the samples are given below. Other samples are provided in our ISSB Preparation Material section.
- He worked hard day and night but could not meet the expense of his family so he decided to…
- One thunder storm night, she was all alone at the road but suddenly…
- He joined the service to earn money but when he became a leader of men…